July 6, 2012
Strawberry Romaine Salad
By: Anna Hall, Hickory NC Publisher Mom
This yummy summertime salad is healthy, easy and delicious. It looks great too, making it a perfect dish to bring to potlucks or outdoor gatherings. Pair with a grilled chicken breast for a nutritious meal.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper (can substitute black pepper)
Combine ingredients in a large jar. Cover tightly and shake vigorously. Chill until ready to serve.
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, choppped
- 1 head Boston lettuce
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 4oz shredded Monterrey Jack cheese (or mozarella)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl. Pour dressing over salad just before serving and stir well. Enjoy!